Top : 01 megalithic sites : england : Page 2
Gossamer Threads Links: 01 megalithic sites : england
- Archaeology at the Grove
- Website containing details of the findings at The Grove, Watford in Hertfordshire, England, as well as the
historical end environmental background to the project.
(Added: 14-Mar-2003 Hits: 681 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Avebury Stones
- Photographs of the wondrous stones at Avebury, Wiltshire.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 752 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Avebury/Stonehenge stone circles
- Lots of useful information on Stonehenge and Avebury: from opening times and guided tours to the latest research news and interesting books on these famous megalithic sites.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 771 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Avebury: a Present from the Past
- Website devoted to the prehistoric monuments at Avebury. Detailed maps, extensive information on every structure of the site, several drawings, a good number of photographs and some panoramic movies.
(Added: 15-Mar-2003 Hits: 635 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Billown Neolithic Landscape Project
- This project began in 1995 following the discovery of pits, postholes and gulleys containing early and middle Neolithic pottery and flintwork within an area of land identified for stone quarrying. The rationale of the project involves a rescue excavation of an extensive site prior to its destruction by quarrying and a research into the evolution of a tract of land during the later Mesolithic through to the later Bronze Age.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 666 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Bodmin Moor Photo album
- Basic webpage showing a wide choice of images of prehistoric monuments at Bodmin Moor (Cornwall), including some lesser known and hard to find sites.
(Added: 18-Mar-2003 Hits: 706 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Britannia - Earth mysteries
- Info and links on some English megalithic sites, ley lines and other earth mysteries.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 679 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- British Stone Circles
- B/w images of stone circles in Cornwall, Cumbria, Derbyshire, Devon, Lancashire and Wiltshire. By Stephen Dean.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 872 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Caradon Archaeology Group
- The Caradon District covers an area of East Cornwall (England) that is exceptionally rich in archaeological remains. It includes an area of Bodmin Moor known as the Minions Area Heritage Project which has stone circles hill top enclosures and numerous burial mounds in a very small area. Basic descriptions and a few photos.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 639 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
Pages Updated On: 19-May-2011 - 03:13:55
Links Engine 2.0 By: Gossamer Threads Inc.