Top : 01 megalithic sites : ireland : Page 2
Gossamer Threads Links: 01 megalithic sites : ireland
- Carrick East dolmen
- These stones stand just two miles outside the town of Limavady (Ireland). With a splendid view of the distant Sperrin mountains, they have been resting here in undisturbed magnificence for thousands of years. On these web pages there is also a complete description of the excavation carried in 1936.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 752 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Dingle Peninsula Heritage: Archaeology
- On this page, by the Chorca Dhuibhne Regional Museum, you can find information on the Excavation of Cathair na bhFionnúrach Stone Fort and on the book "The Archaeological Survey of the Dingle Peninsula".
(Added: 18-Mar-2003 Hits: 775 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Doon Archaeological Trail
- An inland promontory fort on Lough Carra (Co. Mayo), with sites from late Bronze Age, enclosed in a spectacular landscape of mountain, lake and woodland.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 604 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Dungarvan Museum Society
- On the website of the Dungarvan Museum Society (Co. Waterford), a page is devoted to the local megalithic monuments. Info on the court cairn at Ballinamona Lower.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 595 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Fulachta Fiadh
- Burnt mounds (fulachta fiadh) were an integral part of the prehistoric landscape in Ireland. They form the biggest number of a single prehistoric monument in Ireland and over the years have generated much interest in the archaeological world. Yet the purpose of them is still unclear even though major studies have been conducted. There are three main theories and they are all discussed here.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 694 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Furness Longstone Rath
- Webpage on a 20 feet high Bronze Age standing stone inside a earth ring on a hill near Naas, Co.Kildare. The webpage is part of a larger website dedicated to Furness Georgian House and Medieval Church.
(Added: 26-Feb-2004 Hits: 607 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Heritage Ireland
- An excellent Irish Government website devoted to the heritage of Ireland. Described on these pages are several megalithic sites, including Brú na Boinne (Newgrange, Dowth and Knowth) and the Hill of Tara.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 768 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- History and Archaeology of Bree
- On the "Archaeology" section of this website you can find several photos and brief descriptions of a dolmen, standing stones and the stone circle of Bree, Co Wexford.
(Added: 18-Mar-2003 Hits: 646 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- International Institute of Astroarchaeology
- A nonprofit organisation to promote awareness of the astronomical design of Irish megalithic monuments dating from the sixth to the third millennium BC. Brief description of the monuments, including their origins, astronomical function, geographical alignment, and petroglyphs. Other pages include a historical backgound, photos of megalithic sites, related links, and the Ancient Irish Monuments Appeal.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 620 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
Pages Updated On: 19-May-2011 - 03:13:55
Links Engine 2.0 By: Gossamer Threads Inc.