Top : 01 megalithic sites : ireland : Page 4
Gossamer Threads Links: 01 megalithic sites : ireland
- Megalithic Tombs in Waterford
- Thorough description of a Court Cairn at Ballinamona Lower, with small maps and plans, along with brief information on other megalithic sites in Waterford. Part of an article about Prehistoric Dungarvan within Dungarvan Museum's website.
(Added: 18-Mar-2003 Hits: 651 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- A truly excellent website devoted to the ancient monuments of Ireland. Beautiful presentation and user interface, several hundreds of sites visited by the author, each one with a good description and many images. A striking interactive "megalithomap" of Ireland and every conceivable search facility makes this website a wonderful experience for any websurfer.
(Added: 15-Mar-2003 Hits: 931 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Mythical Ireland
- A resource for those interested in the ancient megalithic sites of Ireland, with a strong focus on the mounds of the Boyne Valley. Many photographs and information, plus a section devoted to ancient Irish mythology and legends.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 808 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- National University of Ireland, Galway: Research
- Summaries of some of the current research projects being undertaken in the Department of Archaeology, including "Defining ritual space in the Irish Neolithic" and "Upland Settlement in Late Prehistoric Ireland".
(Added: 18-Mar-2003 Hits: 674 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Poulnabrone Collection
- Clare Museum is the county museum for Clare, Ireland, and its website carrys lists of photographed archaeological material from excavated megalithic tombs such as Poulnabrone portal tomb and Parknabinnia court tomb.
(Added: 6-Aug-2004 Hits: 427 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Ross Island Mine Heritage
- On this website you can find an account of primitive mine workings which were uncovered at Ross Island, information of early primitive mining technique, a description of life in and around an early prehistoric copper mine. There is also a downloadable PowerPoint presentation.
(Added: 18-Mar-2003 Hits: 572 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Sacred Island: Guided Tours of Ireland's Ancient Sites
- Site devoted to megalithic tombs of Co Sligo and Meath. Many very good photographs, drawings, extensive descriptions and clickable maps make this website an enjoyable experience. The author is also a qualified tour guide, so general and specialist tours are offered to the major Irish sacred sites.
(Added: 18-Mar-2003 Hits: 671 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Sliabh na Caillí
- Pics and info on the stone mound Sliabh na Caillí, in Ireland. By Ceridwen Keeley.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 557 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Solas Atlantis
- Information on the ancient chambered cairns (also known as passage graves) of Ireland, based in the Lough Arrow region. Including images and info on other sites: the Caves of Kesh, Carrowkeel, Knocknarea, Carrowmore, Heapstown and Loughcrew.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 695 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Some spared stones of Ireland
- Excellent resource about megalithic sites of Ireland. Hundreds of hi-res photos and a county-by-county Gazetteer of sites, including many of the lesser-known Irish monuments and arcane aspects of Irish archaeology. A CD-ROM is also available. By Anthony Weir.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 712 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
Pages Updated On: 19-May-2011 - 03:13:55
Links Engine 2.0 By: Gossamer Threads Inc.