Top : 01 megalithic sites : scotland : Page 4
Gossamer Threads Links: 01 megalithic sites : scotland
- Recumbent Stones Circles in North East Scotland
- An interesting selection of Recumbent stone circles (a distinctive type of circle found in North East Scotland). Descriptions with photos and clear directions on how to find those ancient sites.
(Added: 15-Mar-2003 Hits: 546 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Standing stones and ancient monuments in Scotland
- In-depth info on standing stones and other ancient monuments in the Scottish Highlands and Islands with excellent links and photos, some of which can be sent as free electronic postcards via the Web. Lots of practical and tourist info and useful books too. By Joanne Mackenzie-Winters.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 704 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Stone Circles in Angus and Perthshire
- These pages show some of the stone circles and other similar sites in the Angus and Perthshire area. Information is provided regarding finding the sites, and photographs of the sites themselves wherever possible.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 571 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Stones of Wonder
- Extremely detailed and comprehensive Web guidebook to megalithic sites in Scotland that have astronomical orientations. By Robert Pollack. There is a listing of the monuments which can be visited, and the best time of year to see them and observe for yourself sunrises, sunsets, moon rises and moon sets. His work is based on original surveys.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 703 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Buchan stone circles
- The Buchan recumbent stone circles are set apart from the rest of the corpus of similar relics by the occurrence of a bank of small stones forming a circle in which the uprights are set. This feature can be observed in all the seven sites listed on these pages.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 618 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Virtual Calanais
- Virtual tour of the Callanish (Calanais) megalithic complex showing 17 QuickTime VR 360-degree movies and a position map. Very good quality of the movie; nice presentation and very detailed map of the site.
(Added: 16-Mar-2003 Hits: 547 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Visit to Bonnie Scotland
- This page is dedicated to Scotland and its beauty. Some images on famous megalithic sites: Clava, Maes Howe, Brodgar and Stenness.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 744 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
Pages Updated On: 19-May-2011 - 03:13:55
Links Engine 2.0 By: Gossamer Threads Inc.