December 1999 index:
16 December 1999
- Ancient Louisiana mounds intrigue scientists
- The Indian mounds deep in the northeast corner of Louisiana (U.S.A.) don't look like much. Until a timber company clear-cut the trees and thickets at Watson Brake in 1981, nobody...
- Miami Circle finally saved
- Miami-Dade County recently accepted a loan from the San Francisco-based Trust for Public Land to the tune of $8.7 million to purchase the Miami Circle.
- Seahenge dated to spring 2050 BCE
- Researchers using tree ring and radiocarbon methods have dated a Stonehenge-like timber circle, called Seahenge, found in August 1998 poking out of the Norfolk sea.
- Carnac's megalithic alignments reopen
- In 1990 the pressure of visitor numbers threatened to destabilize some of the megalithic monuments at Carnac (Southern Brittany, France), which include thousands of menhirs, dolmens, and tumuli dating from...