If you think our news service is a valuable resource, please consider a donation. Select your currency and click the PayPal button:
| || |
July 2015 index:
2 July 2015
- Was this the first recorded murder?
- In a remote part of Northern Spain, at an archaeological site known as Sima de los Huesos (literal translation - Pit of Bones), a team of researchers have found what...
- Excavation begins at England's Marden Henge
- Archaeologists are embarking on a three-year series of excavations in the Vale of Pewsey, between the prehistoric monuments of Stonehenge and Avebury - a little explored archaeological region of international...
6 July 2015
- Chalcolithic flint workshop found in Bulgaria
- An immense flint tool workshop dating to the Late Chalcolithic has been discovered by Bulgarian archaeologists during excavations of a settlement mound near the town of Kamenovo, in Northeast Bulgaria....
- Digging a prehistoric hillfort in Wales
- Archaeologists have returned to the sprawling Cardiff site where a series of discoveries were made in 2014, revealing that the hillfort was occupied from the Stone Age through the Roman...
- South Africans using milk-based paint 49,000 years ago
- A team led by the University of Colorado Boulder and the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa has discovered a milk and ochre based paint dating to 49,000 years...
7 July 2015
- New Australopithecus relatives found, or are they a new species?
- There was quite a stir in anthropological circles when, in 1974, a new species was found in the Afar region of Ethiopia. The specimen was nicknamed Lucy and was dated...
- Early European modern human had close Neanderthal ancestor
- Researchers analysing DNA from a 37,000 to 42,000-year-old human jaw bone say that the early modern human to whom it belonged - the oldest known modern human in Europe -...
- Evidence of man-made pollution in ancient times
- Study of dental calculus on 400,000-year-old teeth provides direct evidence of what early Palaeolithic people ate and the quality of the air they breathed inside Qesem Cave, near Tel Aviv...
15 July 2015
- Chinese Bronze Age cemetery raises questions over sacrificial links
- The Gansu Province of China is a sprawling province ranging from central to northwest areas, covering an area of over 400,000 square kilometres, and it is known for having a...
- Bronze Age food discovered at prehistoric settlement
- Evidence of the lives of prosperous people in Bronze Age Britain could lie under the soil of a 1,100-square metre site destroyed in a fire 3,000 years ago, say archaeologists...
- Footprints in Canada may be oldest in North America
- Tracks left along an ancient shore by a man, a woman, and a child on a remote island off the coast of British Columbia may be the oldest known human...
24 July 2015
- New geoglyphs found in Peru
- Anthropologists at Yamagata University have discovered 24 examples of the mysterious Nazca Lines in the arid region of southern Peru. The team began investigating the northern slopes of the urban...
- Norwegian iron helped build Iron Age Europe
- Iron production started about 3500 years ago in Asia Minor. In Norway, people have been producing iron for at least 2300 years. Arne Espelund, a professor emeritus and a mining...
- Oldest dentistry found in 14,000-year-old tooth
- An international study led by Stefano Benazzi, a palaeo-anthropologist at the University of Bologna, reveals that infected tooth belonging to a man about 25 years of age who lived in...
27 July 2015
- Bronze Age gold spirals discovered in Denmark
- Archaeologists have uncovered a trove of some 2,000 gold spirals dating from between 900 and 700 BCE. The spirals were recovered from a site that had been excavated before, when...
- 4,000-year-old structure found in Ohio
- A team led by Brian Redmond of the Cleveland Museum of Natural History is excavating a 4,000-year-old site in northeastern Ohio. So far, they have uncovered a 75-millimetre-thick floor made...
|HOME • SHOP • TOURS • PREHISTORAMA • FORUMS • GLOSSARY • MEGALINKS • FEEDBACK • FAQ • ABOUT US
||TOP OF PAGE ^^^|