If you think our news service is a valuable resource, please consider a donation. Select your currency and click the PayPal button:
| || |
September 2015 index:
23 September 2015
- Bronze Age child skeleton unearthed in Wiltshire
- A 4,000-year-old Bronze Age skeleton, believed to be that of an adolescent child, has been unearthed by archaeologists in Wiltshire (England). The discovery was made by archaeologists from the University...
- Huge underwater monolith found off coast of Sicily
- Archaeologists have discovered a mysterious monolith in the deep sea off the coast of Sicily (Italy), shedding new light on the earliest civilizations in the Mediterranean basin. Broken in two...
- The ceremonial mortars of ancient Natufians
- The Natufian culture existed from 12,500 to 9,500 BCE in the Levant, a region in the Eastern Mediterranean. The Natufians were among the first humans to abandon the nomadic lifestyle...
- Neolithic burials found inside Irish portal tomb
- The cremated remains of at least two people have been discovered following an archaeological excavation at a Neolithic tomb in Killaclohane, near Milltown, Co. Kerry (Ireland). Most likely erected around...
24 September 2015
- Bronze Age trackway unearthed in Lincolnshire
- A prehistoric trackway that could be more than 4,000 years old has been discovered on a beach in Cleethorpes (Lincolnshire, England). The wooden track would have been used to cross...
- Neolithic tomb in Spain replaced with picnic table
- Builders in a Galician village in Spain confused a Neolithic tomb with a broken stone picnic table and replaced the 6,000-year-old artefact with a brand spanking new concrete bench. In...
- Ancient site on Skye to be investigated
- Excavations of a Mesolithic site on Skye (Inner Hebrides, Scotland) could give new insights into the lives of some of the island's earliest residents. Archaeologists believe the location above Staffin...
- Stone Age flour production
- Researchers report early evidence of flour production by ancient humans. Recent interest in ancient diets has led to the collection of extensive data about the variety of plants eaten by...
25 September 2015
- 'Dancing Priestess' figurine discovered in Bulgaria
- A 7,500-year-old Neolithic clay figurine of what has been described as a 'dancing priestess' has been discovered by archaeologists during excavations of a settlement near the town of Varbitsa, in...
- Prehistoric wooden statue found in Siberian peat bog
- A gigantic wooden statue pulled from a peat bog in Russia more than a hundred years ago is now believed to be 1,500 years older than previously thought. The Shigir...
27 September 2015
- Petroglyphs in Siberia thought to be up to 10,000 years old
- A new expedition to the Ukok plateau, some 2,500 metres up in the Altai Mountains, near the Russian borders with Mongolia, China and Kazakhstan, has found evidence that a set...
- Scientists uncover pattern of mass murder in Neolithic
- Scientists have uncovered mass graves at sites in Central Europe, representing a Neolithic people who lived about 7,000 years ago in what is now Germany and Austria. Anthropologist Christian Meyer...
- Bronze Age Greek city found underwater
- A team of Greek and Swiss archaeologists have discovered what appears to be a significant coastal settlement now covered by the Mediterranean Sea and within sight of the nearby Lambayanna...
28 September 2015
- Remarkable decorated stone found in Scotland
- At the Neolithic site called the Ness of Brodgar, on the Orkney mainland off the northernmost tip of Scotland, within the area of Structure Eight (and possibly within Structure Seventeen...
- Common origins of Neolithic farmers in Europe
- An international team of researchers has sequenced the first complete genome of an Iberian farmer, which is also the first from the Mediterranean. This opens a window on understanding the...
- Huge ritual arena discovered near Stonehenge
- Archaeologists have discovered the remains of a massive stone monument buried under a thick, grassy bank only 3 kilometres from Stonehenge (Wiltshire, England). The hidden arrangement of up to 90...
|HOME • SHOP • TOURS • PREHISTORAMA • FORUMS • GLOSSARY • MEGALINKS • FEEDBACK • FAQ • ABOUT US
||TOP OF PAGE ^^^|