February 2016 index:
12 February 2016
- The Stone Age prehistory of Saudi Arabia
- In the Nefud Desert of northern Saudi Arabia, large sandstone outcrops diverted the flow of sand, allowing lakes and marshes to form several times in the past, and evidence has...
- Out-of-Africa, the peopling of continents and islands
- Genetic relationships between human groups were first studied by comparing populations - an approach having problems of resolution and dating, but results were largely consistent with an African ancestry for...
- Seminar explores the importance of ancient hillfort in Wales
- Heritage experts will examine the complex role of Old Oswestry's landscape through the ages at a forthcoming seminar dedicated to one of Britain's most spectacular and impressive early Iron Age...