Top : 01 megalithic sites : england : Page 7
Gossamer Threads Links: 01 megalithic sites : england
- Two trackways located on the Humber foreshore south of Melton in East Yorkshire (England) are now on line as part of the Humber Wetlands Project. The site includes information about the discovery, the recent excavations and the interpretations of the two trackways and contains a number of photographs of them under excavation.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 598 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Wiltshire White Horses
- Thorough descriptions and pictures of chalk hill carvings, while only the Uffington white horse is of certain prehistoric origin. Nice and clear presentation.
(Added: 19-Mar-2003 Hits: 776 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Wolstonbury Neolithic Enclosures
- Bournemouth University has conducted a program of research and fieldwork reassessing the Neolithic and Bronze Age of the Sussex chalklands. The purpose of this web page is to introduce the second of the field research projects at Wolstonbury Hill in West Sussex, and to provide a brief summary of the results obtained so far.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 636 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Yorkshire Rock Art
- Pages created to highlight the rock carvings of the North York Moors area, along with a few other examples from the region. Maps, descriptions, folklore, photos and bibliography.
(Added: 15-Mar-2003 Hits: 784 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
Pages Updated On: 19-May-2011 - 03:13:55
Links Engine 2.0 By: Gossamer Threads Inc.