Top : 01 megalithic sites : iberian peninsula : Page 2
Gossamer Threads Links: 01 megalithic sites : iberian peninsula
- Balearic Prehistoric Archaeology
- An active research and excavational programme in the Spanish Balearic island of Mallorca for the last 40 years.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 643 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Dolmen de Antelas
- Description of the excavation, the structure, the rock paintings (direct dated 3625-3140 BC) and the ritual uses of a magnificent Portuguese dolmen. In Portuguese.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 673 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Dolmenes y menhires
- On this website you can find thorough information on the most beautiful ancient monuments of Extremadura (Spain). With many photos, descriptions, drawings and plans, including some sites in Portugal and France. One of the sections describes 7 walks to dolmens and standing stones of Extremadura, with detailed directions and some GPS readings. In Spanish.
(Added: 27-Jun-2005 Hits: 208 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- El Pedroso: a mountain sanctuary in Spain
- Brief description with pictures of two archaeological sites on an isolated granite mountain close to the border between Portugal and Spain: a Copper Age walled enclosure containing a number of circular houses, an arrowhead workshop and the remains of a tower, and a decorated cave on the lower slope.
(Added: 26-Mar-2003 Hits: 800 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Freixo de Numão
- Descriptions of precincts (a wide category that inlcudes henges) in the Alto Douro, Portugal, important for the post-Palaeolithic prehistory of the region. Some of them are being studied by a team based in the village of Freixo de Numão.
(Added: 14-Mar-2003 Hits: 545 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- GEMA: Grupo de Estudos do Megalitismo Alentejano
- Very nice and elegant presentation of the megalithic monuments of Alentejo (Portugal), including detailed distribution maps, photos, descriptions, plans of some of the sites. Also on the website a Forum, bibliography and some very interesting articles on megalithic sites of the area. In Spanish, with some articles in English. Highly recommended.
(Added: 24-Mar-2003 Hits: 581 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Introducción al monumento megalitico de Dombate
- A complete archaeological introduction (and something more) on a Spanish megalithic monument with pictographs and petroglyphs. By José M. Bello Dieguez. In Spanish.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 622 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Itinerari megalitic a l'Albera (Capmany-Agullana)
- Description of a walk and a visit to four megaliths in Catalonia (Spain): Pedra del Sacrificis, Barraca del Lladre, Menhir del Quer Afumat and Dolmen del Quer Afumat. With maps, photos and educational activities. In Catalan.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 594 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Las Rutas de los Dolmenes de Navarra
- Simple but very interesting presentation of a series of more than 30 walks through the dolmens of Navarra. Detailed maps, thorough descriptions, photos and plans of the sites. Highly recommended to anybody visiting that region. In Spanish.
(Added: 24-Mar-2003 Hits: 579 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
Pages Updated On: 19-May-2011 - 03:13:55
Links Engine 2.0 By: Gossamer Threads Inc.