Libraries, Bookstores & Publishers • Links:
- Altamira Press
- This American publishing company offers a catalogue of 150 books in print plus software and a journal. Many titles about archaeology.
- Amazon.com Books
- The most complete Internet bookshop: over 2.5 millions of titles. Exceptional search engine, interesting discount prices (20-40%), readers' reviews and search service for rare and out of print books.
- Americana Exchange Rare Books
- Site for collecting old and rare books. Online book magazine, worldwide book auction calendar, database bibliography.
- One of the most complete sites for Antiquarian, Rare and Out-of-Print Scholarly Books on Archaeology, with a catalogue of more than 1,600 titles.
- B T Batsford
- Publishers of specialist books on Archaeology, currently only have the English Heritage and Historic Series.
- Barter Books
- One of the largest secondhand bookshops in Britain, with a huge antiquarian catalogue, searchable online.
- Blackwell's Bookshop
- Internet shopping with searchable index of hundreds of books on Archaeology.
- Book Nest Bookshop
- Located in Sligo, in the North West of Ireland, with mail order service. Specialized in books of Irish interest, with reviews and a searchable database.
- Castle Bookshop
- Has a huge stock of Archaeology, Architecture and History volumes, and a mail-order service.
- Circles of Stones
- Max Milligan's wonderful and evocative photos of 70 stone circles have been collected in "Circles of Stones", with text written by Aubrey Burl. This webpage offers a brief presentation of the book, along with a glimpse of Milligan's stunning pictures.
- Cló Iar-Chonnachta Books
- Publishers of books in Irish and bilingual books - including all types of literature and several titles about Irish history, folklore and travel.
- nline Public Access Catalogue, based at the University of Manchester, COPAC provides searchers to the online catalogues of some of the largest university research libraries in UK and Ireland. Searching is possible using title words, author and organization names, subject words, date and language.
- Cork University Press
- Cork University Press subject range focuses in the areas of Irish cultural history, archaeology and landscape studies. From this well-designed website you can browse and purchase archaeology titles online.
- De Búrca Rare Books
- Company specialized in fine and rare books, maps, manuscripts and prints relating to Ireland. With a stock in excess of 20,000 items. Online book search and ordering.
- Fred Hanna's Bookstore
- Internet bookshop based in Dublin, Ireland, with many archaeological titles and a searchable index.
- Heritage Marketing & Publications
- Specialised in many aspects of archaeological and heritage related publications including marketing, sales together with newly developed systems for print-on-demand and e-publishing. Searchable inventory of over 25,000 Archaeological, Historical and Heritage related out-of-print, secondhand, academic journal offprints, antiquarian, remainder and new publications.
- History Unlimited
- Bookshop with 300+ titles by classical, classic and modern authors. Subjects range from earliest prehistory to the 20th Century.
- Kennys Bookshop & Art Galleries
- A well-known bookshop among Irish archaeologists and historians, specialized in new and second-hand books of Irish interest. Searchable catalogue and online ordering system.
- Left Coast Press, Inc.
- Full service publisher of archaeology books, research, textbooks, reference, professional. Run by Mitch Allen, founder of AltaMira Press.
- Logaston Press
- Logaston Press concentrates on the subjects of the History, Social History, Archaeology and Walking Guides to central and southern Wales and the rural West Midlands. On the "Monuments in the Landscape" Series many titles about Welsh megaliths. Full online catalogue.
- Mayn Mamvro
- Meyn Mamvro Publications produce a number of books and booklets about the ancient sites of Cornwall, including comprehensively illustrated guides to the alignments, ley paths and anomalous energies at ancient and sacred sites in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, such as standing stones, stone circles, dolmens, fogous, holy wells and crosses.
- Oxbow Books
- Specialists in books on Archaeology and History from early Man to the Middle Ages, including Prehistory across Europe and the Near East. Also covered is the Archaeology of the Americas, Africa and Asia.
- Piedra Pintada Books
- A mail-order book business specializing in books and publications on the subject of Rock Art, covering sites in North America.
- Publisher with many Archaeology titles and a searchable catalogue online.
- SAR Press
- SAR Press publishes an excellent series of books dealing with archaeology of the American Southwest.
- Standing with Stones DVD
- The DVD 'Standing with Stones' is on sale from this site. It is a feature length documentary that visits over 100 ancient sites. An impressive and informative journey through some of the most beautiful megalithic monuments of the British Isles and Ireland. A truly video masterpiece that every "megalithomaniac" should own.
- Thames & Hudson Archaeology
- The archaeology list of this distinguished publisher of illustrated books includes more than 60 titles by some of the foremost authors in the field. However, there is only a limited selection of titles devoted to Prehistory and Megalithic monuments.
- Twelveheads Press
- Publishers of a series of small, inexpensive books about Cornwall, including archeolgical heritage.
- VML Verlag Marie Leidorf GmbH
- Publishing company specialized in Archaeological subjects. Online catalogue, latest issues and ordering system. In German only.
- Wordwell Books
- Established in 1986 as a publisher of books on Irish archaeology and heritage, Wordwell publishes the annual Excavations Bulletin, and the quarterly History Ireland magazine. On this website you can also find the complete catalogue of books.