Magazines & Newsletters • Links:
- Website of the famous archaeological journal.
- An official publication of the Archaeological Institute of America, Archaeology Magazine Online features its current issue's TOC, abstracts and selected articles partnered with listings of archaeology events / museum shows, selected back issues and staff choices for best archaeological sites on the Web.
- Archaeology magazine on Internet. Lots of useful links. In German.
- Spanish online magazine about archaeology: meetings, museums, digs, rock art.
- An e-zine on Archaeology providing fun and facts.
- Cuadernos de Campoo
- On this simple but interesting online publication (which counts more than 30 issues) you can find many articles about Spanish and Portuguese prehistory and megalithic sites, with photos, maps and bilbiography. In Spanish.
- Current Archaeology
- f you have an interest in anything to do with British Archaeology, this is the place to find out about digs, discoveries, latest news, societies, events, or just other people who share your interests.
- The right place to look for news and views in the world of Dirt Archaeology... The Digger is a regular newsletter by a digger somewhere in the UK.
- European Journal of Archaeology
- Magazine published three times a year by SAGE Publications in association with the European Association of Archaeologists.
- Online version of a refereed journal published in English by the Folklore Department of the Institute of the Estonian Language. The subjects and cultures covered is wide and includes iconography and rock art.
- History Scotland
- Bi-monthly magazine on Scottish archaeology, history and heritage. Launched in October 2001, it is written by professional historians, archaeologists and museum curators, as well as the local enthusiast. Beautifully illustrated and accessible to a wide audience.
- Internet Archaeology
- A fully refereed e-journal for archaeology. For anyone studying or working (or wishing to publish) in the subject.
- Non-commercial academic online-journal on the archaeology of the Neolithic period. Language of the articles is mainly German, but for most articles English summaries and figure captions are available.
- Scottish Archaeological Internet Reports
- Archaeological reports published by The Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, in association with The CBA and Historic Scotland, in Adobe Acrobat format. Available free of charge.
- A mixture of news, announcements and documents from many archaeological organizations.
- The Journal of Irish Archaeology
- Established in 1983 to publish and promote research into Irish archaeology and related European topics. With contents and abstracts from current and previous issues.
- Time & Mind
- Time & Mind features scholarly work addressing cognitive aspects of cross-related disciplines such as archaeology, anthropology and psychology that can shape our understanding of archaeological sites, landscapes and pre-modern worldviews. On the website you can see a sample issue (each article as a pdf file) and the table of contents of the latest issue.
- Tracce Online Rock Art Bulletin
- The first online and Worldwide Rock Art Bulletin, with a new dynamic website. Forum, downloads, archive, articles by users and a searchable database.
- Ulster Journal of Archaeology
- Ulster Archaeology Society provides Contents Lists and Abstracts for the Ulster Journal of Archaeology freely available on-line. Full text of articles in PDF format will be available to subscribers.
- Web journal on cultural patrimony
- A multi-disciplinary academic journal, focusing on the protection, conservation, valorization and study of international cultural patrimony.
This free Web Journal (in pdf, with colour images) is published every six months.