Top : organizations : Page 4
Gossamer Threads Links: organizations
- Historic Scotland
- It safeguards Scotland's built heritage by scheduling monuments of national importance and by listing historic buildings of special architectural or historic interest. Historic Scotland has more than 300 properties in its care and welcomes around 2.9 million visitors each year to over 70 properties where admission is charged.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 525 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- ICOMOS: International Council of Monuments and Sites
- An international non-governmental organization of professionals, dedicated to the conservation of the world's historic monuments and sites. Its database includes over 19,000 bibliographical references.
(Added: 12-Mar-2003 Hits: 477 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- IFA - Institute of Field Archaeologists
- The IFA is a professional organization for archaeologists. This website provides valuable information for professional archaeologists, users and providers of archaeological services, and students studying archaeology and related disciplines.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 526 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Irish Heritage Council
- The Heritage Council is advised on archaeological matters by the statutory Archaeology Committee. It grant-aids a number of archaeological research projects. The Council is also asked to comment on a wide range of issues ranging from the Boyne Valley Integrated Development Plan to the Licensing of Archaeological Excavations.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 450 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Irish National Heritage Park, Wexford
- The purpose of the Irish National Heritage Park is to let you see how people lived, worshipped and buried their dead, at different periods in history. This has been accomplished by constructing full-scale reconstructions of the types of homesteads, places of ritual of worship, burial modes, and other, long forgotten, remains of a past stretching back around 9,000 years. On their website there are sections devoted to Stone Age, Bronze Age and Celtic/early Christian Age.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 501 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Kent Archaeological Society
- On this website you can find information about the members' library, with a searchable catalogue of the books; papers on archaeological and local history subjects.
(Added: 12-Mar-2003 Hits: 499 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- La Valetta Convention
- The tradition of amateur archaeology is threatened by the Valetta Convention, recently signed by the British Government. On this site you can find in-depth info about the Convention, background notes, FAQ and a petition to sign.
(Added: 13-Mar-2003 Hits: 512 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Mallow Archaeological & Historical Society
- A nonprofit society promoting the history and archaeology of the Blackwater Valley area in North Cork (Ireland) through field trips, lectures and the publication of an annual journal.
(Added: 13-Mar-2003 Hits: 484 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- MDA - Museum Documentation Association On-line
- The lead body in the UK for museum information management, supported in its work by the Museums & Galleries Commission, and the respective Museum Councils in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 410 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
Pages Updated On: 19-May-2011 - 03:13:55
Links Engine 2.0 By: Gossamer Threads Inc.