Top : organizations : Page 5
Gossamer Threads Links: organizations
- MRARC: Macedonian Rock Art Research Centre
- On this website you can find detailed information, along with a selection of small images, on the recently-discovered (1992) Macedonian rock art sites.
(Added: 17-Mar-2003 Hits: 481 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- National Museum of History in Sofia (Bulgaria)
- Well designed website of the National Museum of History in Sofia, one of the largest history museums of the Balkans (533.000 objects). Also a very useful search index. In English.
(Added: 24-Oct-2003 Hits: 435 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- National Trust
- Founded in 1895 and covering England, Wales and Northern Ireland, the National Trust is an independant organization. The Trust is promoting the permanent preservation of areas of beauty or historical interest. There are estimated to be more than 40,000 sites of archaeological interest in the Trust's ownership.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 448 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- National Trust for Scotland
- The NTS is promoting the preservation of places of historic and architectural interest or natural beauty. The Trust's archaeologist maintains a Sites and Monuments Record, and runs various archaeological projects, some of which require volunteer help.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 517 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- NEARA - New England Antiquities Research Association
- The NEARA is a non-profit association dedicated to a better understanding of American historic and prehistoric past through the study and preservation of New England's stone sites in their cultural context. Including an online magazine and the description of some megalithic and ceremonial sites in New England.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 503 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Neolithic Studies Group
- A loose-knit collectivity of archaeologists, mainly from Britain and the Atlantic seaboard countries of the European Union, with an interest in the Neolithic period.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 493 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Orkney Archaeological Trust
- Founded in 1996 to provide the Islands with the Archaeological Service its magnificent ancient monuments deserve. It acts as a focus for professional an educational research into these sites and monuments. With images and info on selected sites: Skara Brae, Brodgar, Knap of Howar, Maeshowe, Stones of Stenness, Dwarfie Stane and Unstan.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 414 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Portable Antiquities Scheme
- The Portable Antiquities Scheme is a voluntary recording scheme for archaeological objects found by members of the public. This website provides background information on the Portable Antiquities Scheme, news and access to a database of over 30,000 finds; from Prehistoric flints to Post-Medieval buckles.
(Added: 12-Mar-2003 Hits: 443 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Prehistoric Society
- The Prehistoric Society is the only archaeological society in the British Isles devoted exclusively to the study of prehistory. Founded in 1908, the Society caters for both professional archaeologists and members of the general public. Its activities are open to all members alike (many such events are included in the subscription rate), and include lectures, weekend conferences, regular archaeological tours in Britain and overseas.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 439 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 432 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
Pages Updated On: 19-May-2011 - 03:13:55
Links Engine 2.0 By: Gossamer Threads Inc.