Top : organizations : Page 6
Gossamer Threads Links: organizations
- Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales. On this website you can find what RCHMW is and what it do, the National Monuments Record of Wales, information on current projects and useful web links.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 498 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England and the National Monuments Record.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 490 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Renfrewshire History & Archaeology Web
- Formed in 1988, the Renfrewshire Local History Forum seeks to unite all local historical/ archaeological societies in Renfrewshire, and propogate and awareness of history in the Old County of Renfrew.
(Added: 12-Oct-2003 Hits: 414 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- An independent charitable organization with no ties to government or to any other public body, RESCUE acts to promote archaeology's interests in Britain.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 425 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Resource - The Council for Museums, Archives and Libraries
- Resource is a UK Government body working with and for museums, archives and libraries, tapping the potential for collaboration between them. The new organisation replaces the Museums and Galleries Commission (MGC) and the Library and Information Commission (LIC), and now includes archives within its portfolio.
(Added: 11-Mar-2003 Hits: 478 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Rock Art Foundation
- Since 1991, the Foundation has grown to over 500 members; its goals are: public education, research, and preservation of the Rock Art sites of Texas (U.S.A.). Very good image gallery, news and tours schedule.
(Added: 12-Mar-2003 Hits: 488 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Royal Irish Academy
- Founded in 1785 to promote the study of Science, Polite Literature and Antiquities, the Royal Irish Academy produces a wide range of publications, including a number of titles about archaeology. On the website you can find details on research grants, information on collaborative projects, and a selection of proceedings, Section C of which is devoted to archaeology and history.
(Added: 13-Mar-2003 Hits: 567 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- School of American Research
- The archaeology branch of the School of American Research maintains the permanent archaeology collections for researchers, and supports archaeology through the advanced seminar, publication, and resident scholar programs.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 442 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Scottish Cultural Resources Access Network is a Millennium Project to build a networked multimedia resource base for the study, teaching and appreciation of history and material culture in Scotland. Currently the SCRAN resource base contains about 60,000 text records of objects from over 30 museums, galleries and archives. A few hundred of these records are attached to images.
(Added: 7-Mar-2002 Hits: 513 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
Pages Updated On: 19-May-2011 - 03:13:55
Links Engine 2.0 By: Gossamer Threads Inc.