November 1999 index:
18 November 1999
- Controversial submerged megalithic temple
- Hubert Zeitlmair, a retired German real-estate investor, first went to Malta in 1993. Inspired by the 5,500-year-old megalithic temples he saw on Malta and Gozo and by the books of...
- A face carved on a standing stone at Callanish?
- A second report of the presence of another carved face, this time on the side of one of the Callanish stones in the Western Isles of Scotland.
- Cornish megalithic sites vandalized
- The lethal substance, napalm, like that used in the Vietnam war, has been poured over two of Cornish (England) most ancient monuments and then set ablaze.
- Miami Circle is nearly 2,000 year old
- Archaeologists said that carbon dating tests show that a stone circle discovered at the mouth of the Miami River (Florida, U.S.A.) is a nearly 2,000-year-old trading post.
- Amazing underground structure discovered on Orkney
- Douglas Paterson, a 37-year-old farmer, with the help of Sandy Firth, 67, a retired teacher, made an amazing discovery at Tankerness on Orkney (Scotland). In just three days, on a...