3 New Links:
- Places of Pilgrimage
- Website devoted to the places of Pilgrimage: megalithic sites (about 30 monuments), holy wells, labyrinths, sacred sites and shrines of every kind. Very good pictures with no descriptions; virtual visits on CD-ROMs and bibliography.
- El Pedroso: a mountain sanctuary in Spain
- Brief description with pictures of two archaeological sites on an isolated granite mountain close to the border between Portugal and Spain: a Copper Age walled enclosure containing a number of circular houses, an arrowhead workshop and the remains of a tower, and a decorated cave on the lower slope.
Rest of Europe
- Prehistoric Archaeology of the Aegean
- This site contains information about the prehistoric archaeology of the Aegean. Through a series of 29 lessons and several illustrations, it traces the cultural evolution of humanity in the Aegean basin from the Palaeolithic-Mesolithic to the age of the cultures of Minoan Crete and and Mycenaean Greece.